Monroe Community Players
Board of Directors
|Directors At Large
Duties of the Board
- Conduct routine business and regular affairs of the group
- Audit the Treasurer’s books at the end of each fiscal year, at the request of the President, or when a new Treasurer takes office during the year
- Make the final selection of plays and group activities
- Meet at least once a month at times and places determined by the President
- Accept responsibility as committee chairperson of a respective committee as assigned by the President
How To Become a Board Member
To be a candidate for an elective office, a person must be an adult paid member by December 1 of the current season.
A Nominating Committee (of at least 3 members, including one board member) is appointed in March. The Committee presents a slate of qualified candidates for office at the annual meeting. Directors at large in the first year of their term may be nominated for another office.
Voting takes place at the annual meeting.
All board members serve one (1) year terms.
MCP Board Meetings are open to all members and the public. Meetings are usually held on the first Sunday of the month at MCP’s Studio Theater in The Mall of Monroe (2121 North Telegraph Road, Monroe, Michigan) and start at 2:00 p.m. Changes in the usual meeting schedule are announced via email and social media.
Board Meetings are followed by time for members and others to present new ideas, proposals, and other comments.